Here we can see the importance of water to kids. We are the best water purifier service in chennai.
Why Is Drinking Water Important For Kids?
Our bodies are made of about 70 per cent water – it’s what makes up the majority of our blood, digestive juices and sweat, and it’s found in our organs and muscle cells.
Water is used to metabolise fuel, regulate body temperature and digest food. To enable our bodies to carry out all of its functions in the day, water constantly moves about and is lost in the air we breathe, urine, blood loss, sweat and even tears. Children in particular need to make sure they re-hydrate, as water is the main way they regulate their body temperature.
Water contains no energy and in most States of Australia, tap water has been fortified with fluoride to help protect against tooth decay. Australia’s water supply is one of the safest and cheapest in the world so drinking tap is cost effective and good for your health.
Can Less Intake Of Water Harm Kids?
Don’t wait to serve your child a glass of water until he says that he is thirsty. If your child does not drink, the adequate amount of water, he is likely to suffer from dehydration. He may suffer from the following symptoms:
- dry mouth and lips
- excessive fatigue
- lethargy and lack of energy
- sunken eyes
- dizzy spells
- no tears when he/she cries
- dark, smelly urine
You should immediately take your child to the doctor for treatment when you observe dehydration. The condition can also occur when your child suffers from food poisoning or fever. Playing outside in the sun for long hours too may cause dehydration in kids.
Tips to help your kids stay hydrated:
- Pack a water bottle for school and when you go out. Try a frozen water bottle in summer.
- Encourage your child to drink water before, after and during physical activity.
- Always offer water with meals and snacks.
- Encourage your child to drink water, even if they don’t like it.
How much water does my child need?
The amount your child needs will vary depending on their age, size and level of activity. For children under 8 years of age, at least 4-6 glasses of water are recommended. For children older than 8 years of age a minimum of 6-8 glasses is recommended. If your child is playing sports or is very active they will need extra fluid, see our section on hydration for active kids. Kids will also need more fluid on hot days or when unwell.
How Drinking Enough Water Can Help Your Kid?
Drinking water can help your kid in the following ways:
- Helps in maintaining his weight.
- Helps in regulating your child’s body temperature.
- Aids the transportation of nutrients to different parts of the body.
- Alleviates Constipation and Urinary problems.
- Improves oral health as water contains fluoride.
Tips To Teach Your Child About The Importance Of Drinking Water:
Here are some handy tips to ensure your kid learns to drink enough water:
- You can teach children about the importance of drinking water in daily life through pictures, videos and by example.
- You can show your child two plants one that grows well when you water it and the one that withers when you don’t water it.
- Make sweet drinks a treat for drinking enough water.
- Give your child a refillable water bottle that he can take with him when he goes out to play.
- Teaching your child, the importance of drinking water is a healthy lifestyle choice that you can help him make.
Tips for kids who don’t like water
- Try adding slices of fruits such as lemon or orange to water, for variety and flavor.
- Let your kids choose their own drink bottle or serve water in colorful glasses or jugs.
- Be a role model! Make a point of drinking water with your kids.
- Experiment with temperature; try having a jug of water in the fridge, adding ice-cubes, or even warm water in winter.
Water is the best choice to keep your kids hydrated throughout the day. Water contains no extra energy and can quench your thirst. Other fluids such as milk, juice and sweetened drinks can also contribute to your child’s fluid intake.
aquaguard tollfree number chennai is 9940492121. Call us for the water purifier service in chennai